Last Modified: May 25, 2023
Moonspin is committed to the protection of our players and promoting responsible social gameplay as a policy of customer care and social responsibility.
We believe it is our shared responsibility with you, our customers, to ensure that you enjoy your experience on our platform while remaining aware of the potential risks that can be associated with online gameplay if you don’t remain in control. We encourage you to use the responsible social gameplay tools described below available at your disposal.
To ensure that you enjoy fun and affordable play, we fully support responsible social gameplay and have put measures in place to assist customers who wish to control their play. We reserve the right to activate these measures unilaterally if, in our sole discretion, we consider them necessary.
This Responsible Social Gameplay Policy (RSG Policy) describes the control tools, information and resources available to registered players on Moonspin.
This RSG Policy forms part of the Moonspin Terms and Conditions. Terms which are defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this RSG Policy.
We may update the RSG Policy at any time. Any amendments will be published on the Platform and such changes will be binding and effective immediately.
Whenever we amend this RSG Policy in a way that would limit your current rights or which may be detrimental, we will notify you upon your next visit to the Platform and you will be required to re-confirm your acceptance prior to playing any Games. If you do not agree to the amended RSG Policy, you must stop using the Platform.
Moonspin RSG PROGRAM
The Moonspin Responsible Social Gameplay Program (RSG Program) is centered around our guiding principles of providing our customers with control tools, information and help resources needed to:
– Make an informed decision in gameplay
– Prevent problem gameplay from occurring on our site.
The RSG Program is designed to support the needs of individuals at any stage of the customer journey, from registration to redemption, and any level of gameplay. To do this, the RSG Program offers a range of player education, control tools and resources for professional help when needed.
Moonspin also understands that it is a shared responsibility to achieve a fun and affordable gameplay environment and that it is ultimately an individual’s choice to play. We do not provide counseling services nor do we police customer behavior. Instead, we focus on providing control tools and informing, educating and supporting informed decisions.
Moonspin has well-trained staff available to assist you in relation to your gameplay. Our staff are encouraged and empowered to provide information and offer control tools proactively.
RSG PLAY CONTROL TOOLS
Account History – Accessible through Account Settings.
Gameplay History – Accessible through Account Settings.
– Shows the result of each spin/play over a 2 week period.
Purchase & Prize History
– Shows your purchase and redemption history.
Limits – Accessible through the “Contact” form in the platform under “Responsible Social Gameplay options”.
Provides the ability to limit the amount of Gold Coins you can purchase during your chosen time period. Once the limit is reached, you will not be able to make any new purchases until the limit resets.
Period options are Daily, Weekly or Monthly.
The limit can be adjusted or removed at any time. A decrease to the limit will take immediate effect. In contrast, an increase to the limit value or removal of the limit will take effect following a 72 hour cooling period.
Provides the ability to set the maximum amount of Sweeps Coins you can play for your chosen time period. Once the limit is reached, you will not be able to play any more Sweeps Coins until the limit resets.
Period options are Daily, Weekly or Monthly.
The limit can be adjusted or removed at any time. A decrease in the limit will take immediate effect. In contrast, an increase to the limit or removal of the limit will take effect following a 72 hour cooling period.
RSG ACCESS CONTROL TOOLS
The access control tools described below are available if your gameplay may have become, or is at risk of becoming, problematic (see “What is Problem Gameplay in section 7.4).
Taking a Break – Accessible through the “Contact” form on the Platform under “Responsible Social Gameplay options”.
Allows you to take a short break from gameplay. During this time you will not be able to access your account.
Available options are 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 14 days or 30 days.
It will not be possible to reactivate your account until the chosen period ends.
Self-Exclusion – Accessible through Account Settings.
A self-exclusion allows you to suspend your account for a longer time period. During this period you will not be able to access your account.
Available time period options are 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, 5 years and Indefinite.
If your account has been verified to our satisfaction, we will use reasonable endeavors to arrange for any Moon Coins remaining in your account which satisfy our playthrough requirements and meet our minimum redemption threshold to be redeemed.
You will be unsubscribed from receiving any marketing communications.
It will not be possible to reactivate your account until the chosen time period ends.
Where a defined self-exclusion is in effect, your account will automatically reactivate once the chosen time period has lapsed.
Where an indefinite self-exclusion is in effect, a minimum of 6 months must pass before the account can be reactivated.
Permanent Closure – Please contact customer support
You may choose to permanently close your account. If you wish to do so, send a written email to Customer Support via this form requesting a “Permanent Account Closure” and state the reason for the closure. Please note that, unlike an indefinite self-exclusion, a permanent closure is irreversible and cannot be reactivated under any circumstances.
You will be required to provide a “confirmation of understanding” to permanently close your account.
If you think your or someone else’s computer gameplay is becoming problematic, then it may be handy to consider the self-assessment questions available here.
If your gameplay may have had, or is at risk of having, a negative impact on your mental health, finances or relationships with friends or family, we encourage you to get in touch with the following help and support organizations:
Gaming Addicts Anonymous (GAA) is a fellowship of people who support each other in recovering from the problems resulting from excessive game playing.
Financial Counseling Association of America (FCAA) is a professional association of financial counseling agencies that assist consumers with financial counseling services of all kinds, as well as debt management plans for the repayment of unsecured debts.
National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) is one of the oldest networks of non-profit financial counseling agencies. The NFCC helps people to defeat their debt and look forward with confidence.
Please note that these organizations are independent support services and are NOT in any way affiliated with Moonspin. They do NOT provide customer support or dispute resolution services. Should you wish to discuss any matter or complaint related to your account, you can do so by contacting us using this form.
EDUCATION INFORMATION ON RESPONSIBLE SOCIAL GAMEPLAY
Principles of Gameplay
Randomness: Remember that game round outcomes are completely random. Results cannot be predicted and are independent of past or future outcomes.
Return to Player (RTP): This is the average return on the winnings and prizes over the lifetime of a slot-type game. I.e., if a slot type has an 8% advantage, then the average RTP will be 92%.
Advantage: All casino-type games are designed with a slight advantage that favors the operator.
– “I’m due for a win” – You cannot predict when you’re going to win. All outcomes are random.
– “I always win with my lucky charm and pre-game ritual” – Although they might be fun, charms and rituals don’t affect your chances of winning. All outcomes are random.
– “The longer I play, the more chance I’ll win” – Time spent has no effect on your chances of winning. All outcomes are random.
– “These Games have been rigged” – The Random Number Generator (RNG) used in all Moonspin games has been independently certified by iTechLabs and Gaming Associates, who confirmed that the RNG uses a well-known algorithm to generate random numbers. The numbers generated by the RNG have passed Marsaglia’s “diehard” tests for statistical randomness. iTech Labs and Gaming Associates have found that number sequences are unpredictable, non-repeatable, and uniformly distributed.
Tips for Safe Gameplay
– Avoid gameplay while upset or emotional.
– Take frequent breaks during your gameplay sessions.
– Avoid gameplay while intoxicated.
– Avoid canceling redemptions.
– Remember that gameplay is only a form of entertainment, it should not be seen as a source of income or an escape from reality.
– Purchase only with money that you can afford to spend.
– Set a budget and don’t go over it.
– Set a time limit before playing.
– Understand how games work before playing and remember that the results are random.
– Never let gameplay affect your employment, relationships, health or commitments.
What is Problem Gameplay?
– Cannot pay bills
– Borrowing money to maintain life expenses
– Eviction or loss of home
– Repossession of car and valuables.
– Unhappy home environment
– Missing family events and gatherings
– Disconnect and disassociation of family members.
– Missing work
– Reduction in productivity and competence
– Loss of employment.
– Increases stress.
– Know the Signs
– Purchasing beyond one’s means
– Not being able to pay bills due to excess spending
– Staying home from work to play
– Feeling frustrated on days when not playing
– A constant need to increase the level of play to reach the same levels of fulfillment and excitement
– Playing in order to escape from the stress of life
– Lying about the amount of money or time that is spent
– Hiding play behavior from significant others
– Putting gameplay above one’s family, friends or other interests
– Lying, borrowing, stealing, or committing fraud to get money to play
– Depressive or even suicidal feelings during or after playing.
PLAYER PROTECTION POLICY
Protection of the vulnerable
Make sure that the decision to play on our platform is your own personal choice and responsibility.
We do not recommend playing on our platform if you:
– are being treated or are in recovery for an addiction/dependency
– are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance
– are currently experiencing financial difficulty or a traumatic life event
– do not understand how to play the games
– have any mental health concerns, cognitive impairment or brain injury.
Protection of Minors
Moonspin has identity checks in place to mitigate and prevent the risk of underage gameplay on our Platform.
If you share your mobile phone, tablet, laptop or computer with friends or family who are under the legal age to participate in online social gameplay, we recommend that you restrict their access to our Platform by using one of the below services:
Netnanny.com – filtering software that protects children from inappropriate web content.
Cybersitter.com – filtering software that allows parents to add their own sites to block.